Event ID 7036This event is recorded for several services when the computer is powered on. The reason for this is that various services may perform certain tasks at startup and once done they will stop by themselves. In this case, the 7036 event is accompanied by the corresponding 7035 (recorded when the service enter the "running state").
Description: In my case I got this event with an error message The Portable Device Enumerator Service service entered the stopped state.
After I have googled some time, I got following suggestion for this issue
The Portable Device Enumerator Service enforces group policy for removable mass-storage devices. Enables applications such as Windows Media Player and the Image Import Wizard to transfer and synchronize content using removable mass-storage devices.
You may check if any group policy is enabled regarding removable mass-storage devices or Windows Media Player is tried to synchronize with removable mass-storage devices.
In addition, I would like to suggest you test the issue in Clean Boot to check if there is any third party software conflicts.
Test the issue in Clean Boot
1. Click "Start", click "Run", type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. On the "General" tab, click "Selective Startup", and then clear all of the subsequent check boxes. You will not be able to clear the Use Original BOOT.INI check box.
3. Click "OK", and then click "Restart" to restart your computer.
4. After Windows starts, determine whether the issue reoccurs.
You may also use Process Monitor to monitor the process trying to call Portable Device Enumerator Service.
Check these links http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/fa81faad-b02b-470f-b3f6-d46e50c10720/frequent-event-id-7036-the-portable-device-enumerator-service-service-entered-the-stoppedrunning?forum=winservergen
Related Articles:- Event ID 4656 - Repeated Security Event log - PlugPlayManager
- Event ID 1046 - DHCP Server
- Event ID 1000 -The remote procedure call failed in Sql Server Configuration manager
- Event 4624 null sid - Repeated security log
- Event ID 1014 Name resolution for the name cyber-mind.info timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded
- Event ID 5156 Filtering Platform Connection - Repeated security log
- Event ID 1059 - The DHCP service failed to see a directory server for authorization