I have been using SQL Server 2008 R2 on my development machine for a long time. It is working well and I had changed sql server settings through Sql Server Configuration Manager many times ,it was worked well. But today when I open SQL Server Services entry in Sql Server Configuration Manager, it shows an error message saying The remote procedure call failed 800706be.
While analyzing event log, got the following error log with the Event ID 1000.
After analyzing my personal work in that machine for the past few days, I have realized and confirmed the reason for this issue (The remote procedure call failed 800706be.) is installation of Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. Yes, this error occurs only after I have installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 setup in my work machine.
Since it is being a WMI error, I recompiled the MOF file –> mofcomp.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"
I also un-registered and re-registered the sql provider DLL –> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmprovider.dll" but issue not resolved.
Solution or Fix: The remote procedure call failed in Sql Server Configuration managerI have applied SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 on my SQL 2008 R2 instance and that fixed the issue with Sql Server Configuration Manager. You can download setup from here... SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 .
Related Articles:- Event ID 4656 - Repeated Security Event log - PlugPlayManager
- Event ID 1046 - DHCP Server
- Event 4624 null sid - Repeated security log
- Event ID 1014 Name resolution for the name cyber-mind.info timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded
- Event ID 7036 service entered the stopped state - Service Control Manager
- Event ID 5156 Filtering Platform Connection - Repeated security log
- Event ID 1059 - The DHCP service failed to see a directory server for authorization