ProblemI am receiving the following error message when selecting a view of a document library which contains items more than threshold limit (5000):
This view cannot be displayed because it exceeds the list view threshold (5000 items) enforced by the administrator.The problematic document library does not have an indexed column and we cannot create new index because of the threshold error.
Solution : Create Index Column in Threshold Limit reached ListTo solve this problem, we should create index column in the problematic list. Follow the below steps to create index columns in the threshold limit reached list.
- Login into Central Administration
- Go to Application Management -> Manage Web Applications
- Select web application that hosts your list.
- In the ribbon above, select the General Settings and select Resource Throttling/li>
- Now, you can reset the List View Threshold limit value into high value (i.e 10,000)
- Click OK to save the changes
- Now, create the indexes in your list for commonly used columns
- Finally, revert the List View Threshold limit to default value (5000)