This article is explaining about how to change or clear credentials which are used to connect Team Foundation Server from Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2012.
TFS credentialsWhen you connect TFS from Visual Studio you will be asked to give user credential to connect. If you checked the option Remember my credentials while connecting TFS, you won't be asked credentials again to connect TFS. In that case, if you wanted to change different credentials to connect TFS. you need to follow below solution to force Visual Studio to ask new credentials to connect TFS.
Force to change TFS credentials in Visual StudioYou need to remove TFS credentials from Windows Vault to clear and force to ask new TFS credentials in Visual Studio
1. Go to Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel).
2. Click User Accounts ( or User Accounts and Family Safety->User Accounts in Windows 7 Machine)
3. Click Credential Manager (or Manage your credentials)
4. In Credential Manager page, you can see the two type of credentials
i. Windows Credentials
ii. Generic Credentials
5. Click on two credential's modify link, click the link Remove from vault to remove stored TFS credentials.
Now, When you login into Visual Studio you will be asked to give credentials to connect TFS.
Note: Don't forgot to uncheck the option Remember my credentials to force to ask credentials for every TFS connections.