Description:This article explains the possible cause of the error event Event 1046 and gives solution to resolve this issue, also gives the useful reference links to solve issue.
Event 1046 Source:
Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DHCP-Server Date: 10/18/2013 10:12:39 AM Event ID: 1046 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: myPC.myDomain.in Description: The DHCP/BINL service on the local machine, belonging to the Windows Administrative domain myDomain.in, has determined that it is not authorized to start. It has stopped servicing clients. The following are some possible reasons for this: This machine is part of a directory service enterprise and is not authorized in the same domain. (See help on the DHCP Service Management Tool for additional information). This machine cannot reach its directory service enterprise and it has encountered another DHCP service on the network belonging to a directory service enterprise on which the local machine is not authorized. Some unexpected network error occurred.
Event 1046 log image:
Cause and Solution for Event 1046:After I have googled and analyzing this issue in my work environment found the service Remote Procedure Call (RPC) has been stopped, restarting this service solved will solve the DHCP related issues.
Reference links about Event ID 1046
Thanks, if you find any other useful information, share with us
Related Articles:- Event ID 4656 - Repeated Security Event log - PlugPlayManager
- Event ID 1000 -The remote procedure call failed in Sql Server Configuration manager
- Event 4624 null sid - Repeated security log
- Event ID 1014 Name resolution for the name cyber-mind.info timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded
- Event ID 7036 service entered the stopped state - Service Control Manager
- Event ID 5156 Filtering Platform Connection - Repeated security log
- Event ID 1059 - The DHCP service failed to see a directory server for authorization